Mar 02 2015
We are now accepting pre-orders for the Brompton Black Edition 2015.
Announced today, Brompton’s new Black Edition 2015 collection features Brompton folding bikes with all black key components for the first time. The arrival of the limited edition —just 5,000 Black Edition bikes will ship to dealers worldwide this spring— comes with much anticipation after years of interest in the possibility of an all-black Brompton. Brompton Black Edition bikes are only available in select customizable options, based around five main frame colors: Black, White, Lime Green, Berry Crush and Lagoon Blue. We’ve ordered a great group of S2L, S6L, M2L, M6L, and H6L bikes for you to choose from. And, as per usual, we are happy to help you personalize the bike of your choice prior to shipping or riding home. See the complete selection of bikes available for shipment beginning April 2015 here.
Customize your Black Edition bike spec at Calhoun Cycle:
- HANDLEBARS: H, M, S Types
- GEARING: All bikes shipped from Brompton with 2 and 6 speed standard ratio drivetrains. We have developed a custom black anodized Brompton chainring and guard in-house to allow you to change your order to match your preferred gearing choice, including 7% reduced on all 2-speeds and 12% reduced on all 6-speeds. This option is available for just $60 with the purchase of a new bike and as a spare part for $99.97 at CalhounCycle.com. For information about Brompton’s gear ranges and ratios, click here.
- VERSION: All Black Editions will be assembled at the Brompton factory with Brompton’s Black L-version mudguards. If you’d like to add a Brompton or Nitto rack to your bike prior to shipping to your door (or taking it home for our local customers), we’re happy to make that happen. When ordering online, simply select the rack of your choice under the “rear luggage” option, or choose none to stick with mudguards only.
- COLORS: Frame extremities including the stem riser, rear triangle, and front fork are black on all Black Edition bikes. Mainframe options are Black*, White*, Berry Crush, Lime Green and Lagoon Blue. As with standard Brompton orders, *Black and White frames are surcharge free colors. Base prices for each bike available for pre-order are listed at CalhounCycle.com. There is no surcharge on Black Edition bikes, all are priced at standard 2015 pricing.
- SEATPOST: choice is available as usual – standard, extended and telescopic all in black, of course! We have ordered bikes with both standard and telescopic seatposts to accommodate riders of all heights and offer the most compact fold. If you’d prefer an extended post, please contact us.
- SADDLES: All Brompton Black Edition bikes come with a standard Brompton rail saddle with special edition black rails. If you’d like to add a Brooks saddle to your order, we recommend the Black B17 Special for men or the Black Team Pro S Special for women. Both feature hand-pounded copper rivets and saddle bag loops. Several saddle choices are offered in each bike listing. If you don’t find the saddle you’d like in the drop-down menu, simply add it to your cart as a separate item.
- LIGHTING: Black Edition bikes are assembled with reflectors only, but as the bikes all include standard Brompton front wheels with silver rims and spokes, we can easily change out the front wheel to help you upgrade the bike of your choice to dynamo lighting. We are offering 3 packages with Black Edition bikes:
- Brompton’s standard Shimano set-up with a B&M Lyt in front and a Brompton light in rear
- Brompton’s standard SON set-up with a B&M Cyo in front and a Brompton light in rear.
- A special SON XS Black Edition dynamo package including a SON XS front wheel with a black and silver SON XS for Brompton hub — built with silver straight-pull spokes by expert SON wheelbuilders, a Black anodized Edelux II headlight, and a black SON taillight, installed for $675.00.
- QUESTIONS? For more information, please call 612-827-8000.
Black Edition components:
The following components are supplied in black as part of the Brompton Black Edition bike:
- Saddle rails (Brompton standard rail saddle)
- Hinge clamps
- Brake levers
- Brake calipers